Summer Concerts in Kirkland
Looking for fun things to do on family night? Grab your lounge chairs and a cooler and enjoy 2013 Kirkland Summer Concerts, a community tradition since 1977.
After 35 years at Marina Park, the Children's Concerts series is moving to Juanita Beach Park where families can also spend quality time at the beach and on the playground. The hour-long concerts will start at 10 am. Here's the lineup:
- July 9 – Cowboy Buck and Elizabeth with high-energy, interactive comedy and dance show
- July 16 – The Not-Its with the rockin' good time in tutus
- July 23 – Caspar Babypants with their hit "I found you" and other kid favorites
- July 30 – Award-wining children's singers/songwriter Eric Ode
- August 6 – Recess Monkeys, teachers who know how to rock
- August 13 – Johnny Bregar with jazzyand bluezy music for kids and adults
- August 20 – The Brian Waite Band with adventure-story rock
Thinking more along the lines of fun with friends under the stars? Evening Concerts at Marina Park are just the place to kick back and get groovy on a warm summer evening. This year, get ready to enjoy everything from blues to big band to salsa downtown Kirkland, Thursdays from 7 to 8.30 pm.
- July 11 - Tor Dietrichson Blues Machine
- July 18 – Portage Bay Big Band
- July 25 – TimeSlip (classic rock)
- August 1 – City Knightz (light rock)
- August 8 – Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen (hot national bluegrass band)
- August 15 – Orquestra La Grande (salsa)
- August 22 – Clinton Fearon and the Boogie Brown Band (reggae)
Don't forget to stop by for our Kirkland Happy Hour then walk two blocks through our vibrant downtown for a wonderful evening of live music and fun at Marina Park.