Kirkland, Washington Hotel Near Seattle
Contributing to the neighborhood feel is Peter Kirk Park, located directly across the street from The Heathman. Just beyond the energy of Seattle, and minutes away from the Eastside's prestigious high-tech business campuses and the Woodinville Wine Country, our distinctive Kirkland hotel is ideally located in the center of the Greater Seattle universe.
Hotel -Nestled in Kirkland's vibrant waterfront shopping and arts district -just beyond Seattle - The Heathman is a peaceful neighborhood oasis. Walk tree-lined lanes of downtown Kirkland, with charming art galleries, boutiques, restaurants, theaters, sculptures and a stunning waterfront that inspires your vacation attitude. Embark on a walking-tour of vintage architecture from the 1880s. Enjoy Kirkland's cultural bounty at events such as the Wednesday Farmer's Market (May - September), the Thursday night Gallery Walks and the annual "Kirkland Uncorked" event held in July.
Experience art and culture at the Kirkland Performance Center, presenting music, theater, comedy and dance performance all just steps away from The Heathman. Stay at The Heathman and receive two complimentary tickets for Guest Services to arrange transportation via our Argosy Cruise on Lake Washington! (April - September)
Seattle / Kirkland Vacations & Adventure -Walk, jog or hike along waterfront parks and beaches on the shore of Lake Washington. Sail, boat, windsurf, and cruise around the lake to enjoy breathtaking views of the Seattle skyline. Cycle or hike along the Sammamish River Trail. Experience a whale watching journey on the Puget Sound. Ski and snowboard at nearby destinations including Summit at Snoqualmie Pass, Stevens Pass and Crystal Mountain.
Take a wine tasting journey to the Woodinville Wine Country. Just beyond our hotel you'll discover the beauty, adventure and freedom of the Greater Seattle Area. Contact Guest Services to arrange transportation via our luxury, Hybrid SUV - complimentary to major business and shopping districts in Kirkland, Redmond, Bellevue and Woodinville.
Seattle Style Business -Getting down to business in Kirkland is a smart move. Our modern, sophisticated hotel is perfectly located between the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell.
The Heathman Hotel is a few miles from some of the most prestigious business campuses in the Northwest including Microsoft's Corporate Campus, Google's Campus, Nintendo Headquarters and the many major businesses and medical communities found on Seattle's Eastside.
Things to do in Seattle -From the sound of an orca blowing in the deep waters of the Puget Sound to the cheers at Safeco Field to the serenity of the Olympic rainforest, Seattle is an alluring vacation destination for adventure or cultural inspiration. Our central Kirkland hotel is 11 miles from Downtown Seattle, and world-famous attractions like the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Seattle Center, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle Art Museum and the Seattle Aquarium.
Directly across the street is the local Peter Kirk Park which features a public outdoor pool, tennis courts, Lee Johnson Baseball Field, children's play area, and the Kirkland Library.
Kirkland / Seattle Top Attractions
- Downtown Kirkland - surrounding the Hotel
- Peter Kirk Park - Across Street
- Kirkland Performance Center - 0.1 mile
- Meydenbauer Convention Center - 4 miles
- Sammamish River Trail - 4 miles
- Woodinville Wine Country - 8 miles
- Chateau Ste. Michelle - 8 miles
- Redhook Brewery - 8 miles
- Summit at Snoqualmie Ski Area - 45 miles
- Seattle Center - 10.5 miles
- Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum - 10.5 miles
- Space Needl - 10.5 miles
- Downtown Seattle - 11 miles
- Seattle Art Museum - 11 miles
- Pike Place Market - 11 miles
- Pacific Science Center - 11 miles
- Seattle Waterfront & Ferries - 12 miles
- Seattle Aquarium - 12 miles
- Qwest Field/Seattle Seahawks - 12 miles
- Safeco Field/Seattle Mariners - 12 miles
- Woodland Park Zoo - 12 miles
- Odyssey Maritime Discovery Center - 12 miles
- Pioneer Square - 12 miles
- Boeing's Museum of Flight - 18 miles
- Boeings Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour (Everett) - 35 miles
Arts & Culture
- Downtown Kirkland Art Galleries - surrounding the Hotel
- Kirkland Art Center - 0.5 mile
- Studio East - 1.5 miles
- Bellevue Arts Museum - 4 miles
- Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra - 4 miles
- Village Theater - 16 miles
- Paramount Theatre - 8 miles
- The 5th Avenue Theater - 8 miles
- Seattle Art Museum - 9 miles
- Seattle McCaw Hall - 9 miles
- Seattle Symphony - 9 miles
- Seattle Opera - 9 miles
- Pacific Northwest Ballet - 9 miles
- Museum of Glass (Tacoma) - 41 miles
- Bastyr University - 6 miles
- University of Washington Seattle - 8 miles
- University of Washington Bothell - 8 miles
- Bellevue Community College - 10.8 miles
- Northwest University (formerly Northwest Bible College): 2 miles
- Northwest Technical College - 6 miles
- Kirkland: Wednesday Farmer's Market - Marina Park: 2 blocks
- Kirkland Park Place & Cinema - 2 blocks
- Downtown Kirkland Shopping - Surrounding the Hotel
- Redmond Town Center - 4.5 miles
- Bellevue Square Mall - 4 miles
- Bellevue Collection/Lincoln Square - 4 miles
- Bellevue Place - 4 miles
- Studio Be Yoga - Across the Street
- Montlake Bicycle Shop - Adjacent
- Alderwood Mall - 16 miles
Seattle / Kirkland Excursions & Events
- Kirkland City Dock/MV Kirkland/Argosy Cruises - 2 blocks
A stay at The Heathman includes 2 complimentary tickets for a Lake Washington tour!
(April - September)
- Pacific Parasail - 3 Blocks
- Skagit Valley Tulip Festival - 58 miles
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium - 48 miles
- San Juan Islands - 100 miles
- Microsoft Main Campus - 6 miles
- Paccar Inc. - 3.5 miles
- Philips Medical Systems - 10 miles
- Google (Kirkland Campus) 1.5 miles
- Bungie Studios - ½ mile
- Nintendo Campus - 4.7 miles
- Seattle State Ferries Dock - 12 miles
- Metro Bus - Next Door
- Kenmore Air - 11 miles
- Boeing Field - 20 miles
Driving Directions to The Heathman Hotel in Kirkland[Print]
The Heathman Hotel is located in downtown Kirkland at the corner of 3rd Street and Kirkland Avenue.
To view our location through Google Mapsclick here.
Parking at The Heathman Hotel, Trellis Restaurant and Penterra Spa
Valet Parking -Overnight valet parking is available for all hotel guests. Complimentary valet parking is also available for Trellis Restaurant and Penterra Spa patrons.
Public Transit -The Public Transit Mall is located a ½ block from the hotel's front door. To find a route nearest you, visit King County Metro Online
Street Parking -Two hour Parking is available on the streets surrounding the Heathman Hotel, including Kirkland Avenue.
Heathman Hotel Luxury SUV -Live within a four mile radius & have a confirmed reservation? Our chauffeurs will be happy to escort you to & from your location in our luxury, Hybrid SUV for free!*
*SUV Transportation is first come, first served with confirmed Trellis reservation or Penterra Spa appointment; subject to availability and varied hours of operation.
Parking Garage -Complimentary four hour Parking is available at the Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage located under the Kirkland Library. Entrances are on 3rd Street or Kirkland Avenue.
Parking Lot -All Day Parking (9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat) is available at the Park & Main Lot ($1 per hour, credit/debit or coin only accepted)